In the Nick of Time


I had friends to dinner last night which meant a fair amount of running around yesterday.  


I did keep it simple (which is a good idea considering my proficiency in the kitchen) and was happy that I am finally feeling that my house is starting to look like me.


It did from the start, I suppose, though now it is fuller.  More nuanced.  It's good to be at the point where I can worry about the music and whether or not I have enough tonic and not how to accommodate an evening with company when there's a big dark hole in the corner that has no lamp.


Does anyone but me notice when something isn't right? Probably not. But the energy is different and I can feel its shift.

Speaking of nuanced, these rooms designed by Nick Olsen are some of my favorites.  His site looks great and you're sure to find plenty of inspiration there by clicking here.  

Images, My Domaine, photography by Reid Rolls.  You can find the story here.