Friday, September 4, 2009

Hunting and Gathering


I'm working on my next article for Spaces so I have been making the rounds. A few things of note at Mission Road Antique Mall. This boot scraper for one was plucking at my heart strings. Functional, just the right patina, but I passed.


Terrific. I mostly love them grouped like this, but have been keeping my eye out particularly for "4"s. Still, did not bite.


Oh my heavens, but the most wonderful cream ware with a tortoise glaze. Way outside my price range for anything other than, say, a car, but really terrific.

But. But I did find another enameled bowl. The blue teardrop to the left is new. She seems to be fitting in quite nicely. I was afraid the rosy one would be stand-offish, but he has welcomed her to the mix graciously. They actually seem to have a lot in common. The small turquoise bowl is always friendly and was never a worry.

7 comments:

soodie :: said...

We are of the same minds today... with tortoise shell glaze. I love the boot scraper as well...

pve design said...

You always bowl me over with your eye for stellar finds, it is as if they were meant for you and for each other.
pve

Kelly StClair said...

I can not tell you how often I go to the Antique Mall and never find a darn thing! I wish I had your "eyes". Can I follow you around next time? Promise to let you have first dibs!

Style Court said...

So luminous. Love the grouping you've done.

Greet said...

You have a special eye!!! An eye that finds things that other people can not see...

Greet

mary said...

The very chic bowls look like they are having tea at the Ritz. Have a great week-end.

mo-zy said...

When I first open your post for today...I thought, you were giving us an assignment. To do project...After all it will be Labor Day! Love the blue tear drop!! Stunning.

Mrs. Blandings, wishing you & Mr. Blandings a wonderful & fun holiday weekend!

This is by far my favorite blog.