Retro Inferno

Just inside the front door of one of the coolest places in town.

I've been shopping Retro Inferno now for the last seven years or so. The owner, Rod Parks, had a funky little space on the edge of downtown with some really cool mid-century pieces. A couple of years ago he moved to this great space; fortunately for him our downtown is on a bit of an up-turn - including the new Sprint Center, which will be right out his front door.





Retro Inferno - 1500 Grand, KCMO




Sprint Center - opening Fall, 2007


You might have noticed, my house is a bit of a hodge podge as I have a tendancy to fall deeply in love with pieces which have very little to do with one another. Here are a few of my Retro Inferno finds:



Unmarked mid-century vase (and, yes, I need to do a little silver polishing.)
Lucite stool - I looked forever for this one.
A set of 6 Norman Cherner chairs - they swivel - the boys love them.


So what? Well, lucky for you (and as it turns out, me) Retro Inferno is having a SALE! And I don't mean a measly 10% off outrageous prices, no sir. Dunbar sofa regularly $2400 is $995. Saarinen oval dining table reduced from $2800 to $1600.



Some of Rod's amazing inventory.


Cane and chrome and glass, oh, my.



Matching console.


One of a pair.


I mean, you want them all, right?

Sound crazy? Well, no. Ron is going to be sharing space with another jazzy, KC retailer, Hudson Home, so he's having to make a bit of room. Log on to see his inventory - there's lots more there so it's worth an e:mail if you are on the hunt for something special. Oh, and those Fornasetti tables?

The ones that say, "SOLD?"


Mine, all mine.

Labels: